Chanel Romance (784) Rouge Coco Gloss ($30.00 for 0.19 oz.) is a medium red with neutral-to-cool undertones and a jelly-like finish. It had semi-opaque pigmentation that covered the lips fairly evenly, though it seemed like some color gathered in my lip lines but the mirror-like shine made that fade into the background to my eye. The gloss was smooth, non-tacky, and almost gel-like as it felt plusher and very comfortable on the lips. The color stayed on well for four and a half hours and was moisturizing over time.
Chanel’s holiday collection will be available October 16th online and November 2017 at counters.
- Top Dupes
- Formula Overview
- MAC Tease Don’t Touch (LE, $20.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- NARS Burning Love (LE, $26.00) is more muted (95% similar).
- MAC Hot/Cold (LE, $17.00) is brighter (95% similar).
- NARS Burning Love (LE, $26.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- MAC Carmine Rouge (LE, $30.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Last Minute (P, $24.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Prepare for Pleasure (LE, $20.00) is lighter (90% similar).
- Urban Decay 69 (P, $26.00) is lighter, brighter (90% similar).
- MAC Victoriana (LE, $17.00) is brighter (90% similar).
- NARS Disruptor (LE, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- More dupes — click to see the full list!
$30.00/0.19 oz. – $157.89 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “intense shine, hydration” with a “gel-like texture” with shades that vary from “sheer to opaque” in coverage. The consistency has a smooth, lightweight texture that can feel more like a gel-like texture with some of the sheerer shades and more like a cream and gel hybrid with more opaque shades. It’s a formula that’s comfortable to wear with light tackiness that lasts anywhere from two to four hours and is hydrating over time.
There was a strong, mirror-like shine across the shades that was very reminiscent of the prior Glossimer formula. There was a faint floral scent, and with some shades, I got a subtle taste of perfume. The doe foot applicator was more unique (at least, to me) with a very curved edge that was great for my bottom lip while flipping it gave me a more paddle-shaped edge that worked better for my top lip.
I would love to see Chanel introduce color descriptions on their retail website, especially for a formula like this where there can be such a huge difference in pigmentation (and finish) from one shade to the next that isn’t obvious from a product photo.
Browse all of our Chanel Rouge Coco Gloss swatches.
NordstromNeiman MarcusSaksThe Bay (CA)SelfridgesBergdorf GoodmanHouse of Fraser (UK)John Lewis (UK)Bloomingdale’sFeelUniqueChanelDillard’s