Makeup Geek Luster Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light, rosy copper with warm undertones and a metallic sheen. There was a lot of shimmer and a very reflective finish, so the color appeared lighter swatched and applied to the skin than it did in the pan. This type of color is going to work well on fair to medium skin tones as a highlighter, but I expect it to work well as a way to lighten or layer over another blush.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” The powder had a really soft, smooth texture that was dense without being firm or packed in, but it also didn’t have any powdery excess kicked up in the pan when used with a denser brush. It was quite pigmented, though I felt like I could apply more or less, blend and diffuse to get the desired coverage level. The finish has a lot of sheen to it, and I didn’t notice any emphasis of my skin’s natural texture, but it is not a subtle highlighter by any means. On me, the highlighter wore well for eight hours before fading.
What I’m not keen on is the price, because I don’t feel the price is in line with the brand’s pricing, regardless of the amount of product in the pan. The packaging definitely reflects the higher price, and for a brand that has always been sold as pan-only, I was disappointed that they did not release these in pans. I would have rather see less product in the pan but with a $12-15 price point (it takes a long time to finish a highlighter, and a little goes a long way with the formula).
View All Dupes
- The Estee Edit 1st Light (LE) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Anastasia Starburst (LE) is lighter (90% similar).
- LORAC Moonlight (P, $22.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Chanel Perles et Fantaisies (Right) (LE, $65.00) is less shimmery, lighter, more muted (90% similar).
- Jouer Rose Quartz (P, $24.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Devotee (P) is lighter (85% similar).
- MAC Blonde (LE, $32.00) is less shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Becca Rose Quartz (LE, $38.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Beaming Blush (P, $30.00) is cooler (80% similar).
- Laura Mercier Devotion (P, $44.00) is lighter, cooler (80% similar).