Makeup Geek Glitz Highlighter ($20.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a light lavender with a hint of pink paired with a frosted sheen. It’s a very light highlighter, so it seems like it will suit fairer complexions rather well without adding a lot of color. I think it can be layered over blushes to add shimmer and shine, though.
According to Makeup Geek, the formula is supposed to be “super-smooth” and “incredibly pigmented.” It had good pigmentation with a soft, smooth consistency that wasn’t too soft or too firm in the pan, which made it really easy to work with. There’s no doubt that this is a formula designed for someone who likes a fair amount of sheen and highlight on their skin, but thus far, I’ve been impressed by how well the texture sits on my skin–like others I’ve tested, this shade did not emphasize my skin’s natural texture. I noticed fading after wearing the highlighter for eight hours.
View All Dupes
- Urban Decay Aura (P, $26.00) is less shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Laura Geller Charming Pink (P, $24.00) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Catrice Stardust (P, $5.99) is less shimmery (95% similar).
- Makeup Geek Celestial (P, $20.00) is brighter, cooler (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Clear Radiance (LE, $26.00) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Dose of Colors Pearl Dust (P, $28.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Hippo (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Cover FX Celestial (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Sleek MakeUP Hemisphere (P) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Stila Transcendence (LE) is cooler (90% similar).