NARS Falaises Sun Wash Diffusing Bronzer ($40.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a medium-dark, reddish brown with warmer undertones and a matte finish. It had sheer, buildable coverage where three or four layers built up to mostly opaque coverage. The consistency was rather firm in the pan, so while it felt smooth swirling a fingertip against it, getting product onto a brush took more pressure and a denser brush. The powder itself was nicely blendable on the skin, and the finish was exactly in line with the brand’s promise–natural-looking bronzer that wasn’t “flat matte” but not shimmery either. The bronzer wore well for eight hours before fading on me.
The new formula is supposed to have a “matte finish” with a “sheer pigments” that look like “second-skin warmth.” There are four shades, and going from light to dark (per the brand), they are: Seaside, Laguna, Casino, and Falaises. The formula felt smoother and firmer compared to the brand’s Dual-Intensity formula (which has a similar pattern on it). The formula had sheer to medium coverage with some shades being more buildable than others. I had to use a denser brush and heavier hand to ensure product transferred onto my brush, so they would be hard to overdo.
View All Dupes
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil Afterglow (Bronzer) (LE) is lighter (95% similar).
- Guerlain Moyen Brunettes (05) (LE, $75.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Guerlain #02 (P, $53.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Scone (LE, $25.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Guerlain #03 (P, $53.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Golden (LE, $25.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte (LE) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Stila Sending My Love Bronzer (LE) is warmer (85% similar).
- Urban Decay Sun-Kissed (P, $28.00) is lighter (80% similar).
- Urban Decay Bronzed (P, $28.00) is lighter, warmer (80% similar).
NordstromSephoraNeiman MarcusSaksBloomingdale’sMacy’sHarvey Nichols (UK)John Lewis (UK)SelfridgesNet-A-PorterBarneysSephora BrazilSpace NK (UK)bluemercuryDillard’sNARS